Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home sweet home!


I have been home for a few weeks now and a lot has been going on!

The flights back were so long and tiring and i was so anxious to just get to the airport to see my amazing boyfriend, sisters and grandma and grandpa who came to pick me up! My parents had to work so i had to wait and see them. I cried tears of joy i was so happy to be able to hug Baden and see everyone in person again! Finally! I stared out the window like i was in a foreign place, every thing here looked so weird i can't explain it! I got very excited about little things like normal bacon at breakfast and American money that looks weird! But i didn't enjoy the heat and humidity, it was hard to breathe, i'll love it again soon but i got used to the winter weather there haha I had jet lag for a while sleeping until 3 pm staying up until 4 or 5 am eating way to early in the morning. I felt like a zombie for a full week i think. I got to give everyone the souvenirs i was so eager to give them and show some more pictures.



And shortly after i got back my boyfriend treated me to a trip to one of my favorite places of all time... SEAWORLD! I fed the dolphins and he did also for the first time and it was so much fun, now he really knows why i love them so much. :) It was so much fun and a great end to the summer. I ran to get us 3rd row back, very center, in the soak zone for the Shamu Believe show! The water was...refreshing lol We even got to stay for the Shamu rocks show at night which was awesome! Thanks babe for everything!











It took me going to spirit week for my sorority ZTA to get me back into some kind of routine and normal schedule. I was so excited to see all the girls and these past few weeks have become so close with girls i hardly knew last year and i love being part of it all again. It's keeping me very busy which is great so i really never had time to sit and really be sad and miss New Zealand, i talk about it when people ask but it's hard trying not too, the program told us we would be annoying and not shut up about it and things would remind us about something there and we'd mention it all the time, i have been some but i am also trying not to so i'm not a broken record. lol




Even though everything has been great i still really miss New Zealand and the friends i made there, luckily i have Lara here with me and guess who came to visit the other day... Phil! He is finally back from New Zealand and drove from his hometown of Fort Lauderdale very close to us!


This week is recruitment for ZTA and it is my last one, i am officially a senior this year and trying to do as much as i can to live up this last year! I have a feeling it is going to be such a great school year and i am very excited! I am still undecided about keeping another blog because i am not sure if my life is as adventurous and exciting as it was in New Zealand lol, i know nothing can compare to bungy, or climbing mountains and such, but this year is important to me so i would like to share it with all of you!