Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Preparing for New Zealand!

Well as most of you know this internship has required a lot of planning, that i started back in October! I can't believe that it is almost time to go, all week I've been getting last minute things i need. I am also taking a scuba course to get my open water diving certification, i would have had it by now but of course in the life of Kristen I hit a little obstacle! I went to get my ears checked so they wouldn't hurt when i dive and they said i needed some shots while i was there... i told the nurse i faint easily so afterwards she said to lay down on the table, she left the room and there i am waking up on the floor across the room under a table with bruises and a concussion! I was rushed to the ER in an ambulance and a little freaked out...where my entire family and Baden met me (thank you everyone for being there!) and I couldn't see for a looong time, i had double vision from the fall i guess. Then they hooked me up to an IV and oxygen to calm me down and it was a very uncomfortable experience lol Thank goodness it only lasted one day, the next few i limped a little from my knee smashing the ground and talked funny from somehow biting my
tongue but other than that i slept and slept and slept it off, this tops my tattoo experience for sure! haha I was supposed to go down to the Keys for my last few dives the next day and the doctor said it was not a good idea. Luckily the dive center is very understanding so yesterday and Thursday this week I've been finishing my dives in the FGCU lake! I'm not gonna lie it is pretty creepy, not much visibility and who knows whats in there... but as long as i get the job done i can dive the great barrier reef in Australia and swim with dolphins in New Zealand!

This summer has been one heck of a summer so far... I even got to go to New York this past weekend to see my family! Congrats Kimmy on your Bat Mitzvah! I'm really so so so proud of you! You've turned into such a beautiful young lady!


I had such an amazing time in New York and i miss everyone so much already, i tried to hold back the tears at the goodbye but it's pretty much impossible. I really enjoyed meeting my new little german cousins for the first time, the language barrier made it hard but we grew close anyway. Little Paul, Ian and Gerome.

Cousins

My next trip plan after New Zealand is of course seeing cousin Judy and Uncle Theo in France and Germany. My amazing boyfriend (of 1 1/2 years the 23rd of this month) came to long island for the first time and finally got to see where I'm from and meet the entire rest of the family, he really loved the whole weekend, we had a blast... and the family really likes him! lol who couldn't when he is the best i could have ever dreamed of.

The men setting up!

Jenny and I at Aunt Beans


Huntington Harbor! where my dad kept his boats



Uncle Booger and his awesome boat! thanks for the ride!






The house i grew up in!

The other house i lived in growing up!


x0x The love of my life x0x


Leeanne before her prom, so gorgeous!



Cousin Anthony the star athlete! Best player on the whole team!


Alyssa and I freezing at the game!


Uncle Dan and I :-P


I'm going to miss everyone for 11 weeks, that is going to be the hardest part but everyone says the time will fly since I'll be so busy... I'll take a lot of pictures and post them on here for you all to see!