Friday, July 17, 2009

Skytower dinner @ Orbit

Last night we had our group dinner at Orbit, the revolving restaurant at the top of the Sky tower here in Auckland! It was all the original group members plus two of the newer girls. Me, Lara, Hannah, Sara, Kathryn, Brandie, Laura, Nigeen, Phil, Aaron plus Courtney and Sabrina. We got all dressed up and took taxis since it was raining. I was so excited to go to the top of the tower since i hadn't yet and the elevator ride freaked me out a little because it has a window on the floor! Our table was so pretty and once the fog cleared up the view of the city was amazing! Aaron is the first to be leaving us and gave an emotional toast while at dinner, it makes me sad to think i have to say my goodbyes soon to all of my close friends here. I had the yummiest seafood risotto dinner and baby potatoes! My favorite food is potatoes in any form, mashies are 1st place though! haha It was such a lovely dinner with everyone, some are planning trips to Florida already and they better follow through! :) I'm going to miss them all SO much! I'll never forget all the memories i share with each of them.

Nigeen, Brandi, Sara and I on a glass window!
Laura, Hannah and I
Me on the observation deck of the Sky tower!
The elevator going up! don't look down its so scary!
At the dinner table ready to eat!
My side of the table :)
Nigeens face! haha
my two lovely dates Kathryn and Lara <3 align="center">

Aarons lovely toast at dinner.

The city of Auckland

Me at the Orbit :D
My favorite group picture! I love my friends! <3
Tonight we are going to the stadium to see the ALL BLACKS play against Australia! It's the New Zealand RUGBY team!!!!! I'm looking forward to the Haka which is a Maori cultural chant they do before it starts that intimidates the opposing team! It's sweet as! I hope they win! check back to see pictures soon!!!!
love and miss you all very much! x0x0x