Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bay of the Islands! my favorite weekend yet, where my dreams came true! <3

Thursday afternoon we all took a bus to Bay of the Islands, Paihia. I have been looking forward to this mini trip for months before i was even in New Zealand because in my travel book it talked all about dolphins and diving and the water!!!!! Just my thing! We picked the perfect weekend with nothing but sunshine which probably won't last much longer as the winter continues and the entire weekend was just amazinggggg. When we first got there our 6 bed room was a "Chalet" this little cabin thing that was sooo cold! but we had a fun weekend and did sooo much!




The first day Lara and I woke up early to walk to the dive shop! I was soooo excited to have my first real dive because my open water dive was in my school lake and i didn't see anything! lol This time i was going to be doing two dives a shipwreck called the Canterbury at 130 feet and a reef dive into a cave! The shipwreck was not in my certified depth limits so a guide went with me and it goes towards my advanced certification which i will try and finish soon once i get home! i am so excited! it was soooo undescribable and unforgettable being in another world breathing underwater and it felt like i was flying and seeing all these beautiful things. I was so overwhelmed with joy it sounds cheesy but i was soooo happy diving, my ears didn't even hurt much at all!



On my way to the dive site after reading a chapter on deep diving! I can't wait!

Mike one of the guides helping us get ready, gravity stinks everything was so heavy on land haha... the ship has only been down for 2 years so in another few it will have even more life on it but it was awesome to stand on the front like titanic lol kelp was growing on it and pretty little file fish were everywhere and one checked me out right in front of my mask it was so cute!








Lara and i calling the boyfriends to say hey! haha so much fun!, it's hard not smiling for the camera.





"I love you" for you shnookums!



resting in between dives in a gorgeous cove under the hot sun after some hot cocoa to warm up



Sea urchins! so pretty!
Feeding the fish some sea urchin! they swarmed and it was sooo incredible!







We found a lobster in the cave!
A blanket of fish in the cave! so many of them!






Walking back from the dive shop enjoying being near the water <3

The salty our weekend hangout spot! haha

I kareoked for the first time ever and we did two songs!!! hahaha
what memories!
My view at breakfast on saturday :o) this is the life!
We took the ferry over to Russell to see some of the history of NZ

It was such a cute small town

Back to the ferry to Paihia so we can get on another boat for our
Dolphin cruise to the hole in the rock i've been waiting for!!!! woo hoo!







The guy said they haven't seen any for days and they must like someone on the boat...
it was ME :o) of course! lol I prayed all week we would be lucky and a pod
of about twenty showed up for us! I couldn't swim with them because they had babies.



My favorite mommy and baby <3

Video with dolphins playing under the boat!




another baby jumping!


The famous NZ hole in the rock, it was sooo pretty, we couldn't go through
because the water was too rough but that's ok it was amazing to see it all.
The sunrise on sunday, goodbye Paihia i'm going to miss you so much!
The night before we left i saw a shooting star and made a wish on the beach, this
was by far my favorite weekend of all, i already am planning my next 5 diving trips!