Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Part 1: QUEENSTOWN in the South Island!

Thursday morning i got on my flight to Queenstown which is in the south island of New Zealand! I knew it would be cold but he said it was 2 degrees celcious and at night it's in the negatives! I looked out the plane window and saw snow and mountains for the first time! i've never seen anything like it and it was sooooo breathtaking i was in awe i couldn't wait to see more!









The airport was surrounded with beautiful mountains!



This is on the way to the hostel right outside the taxi window! i can't believe it!




The room view from our hostel!



After we settled in, it was only a few of us

everyone else was skydiving and got there earlier,

we took the gondala up the mountain to get a better look at the small town!

I thought it'd be a big city but it has millions of tourists and little residents!



Me at the top!





My feet near the snow for the first time in years!!!



Up another lift to do the LUGE! which is like a sled with bike

handles and wheels and you follow the track as fast as you want

to enjoy the scenery! it was sooo much fun! except when my

helmet fell back and i tried stopping with one hand and swirved into

the snowy wall to my right haha oops








a little peice of home <3

wish the warmth came with it!


Once we met up with everyone else we got mexican for dinner!!!!! and then got ready

for the "Big Night Out" Pub Crawl of Queenstown!

Snoop and Hannahconda! i'm doing my Maori eyes! haha


the crew waiting to hop to the next place!



The last place had an awesome band and we did a raffle...guess who won the grand prize!!!

MEEEE right as i was about to leave and hand away my ticket they yelled 45 E!!!! Mine!

I won a FREEEE AJ Hackett Bungy experience!!!!! I think it's a sign, i've won 3 things here

since i got here in NZ! I didn't get to use the last one so i have to do this one! Me winning

was the only eventful thing that happened that night, we were all way too tired. Being really busy all the time really wares me out, i even started loosing my voice :( luckily the hostel had heated beds! but we still could see our breathe inside!